cc-metadata - Re: facilitating license terms

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: "Glenn Otis Brown" <glenn AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "Mike Linksvayer" <ml AT creativecommons.org>, cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: facilitating license terms
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:01:58 -0800

>IANAL, but AFAICT including license RDF is neither necessary nor
sufficient to satisfy license terms -- a licensee must include a copy of
the license or the URL for it.

that's right, mike.

note that when you use a some rights reserved button from our site to
link back to the license, it automatically includes RDF in your site.

(if you copy the button from the licensor -- by viewing their source --
then you should take care to copy their RDF as well as their HTML).

--g.