cc-metadata - CC mp3 metadata release

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: CC mp3 metadata release
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:43:15 -0400

The CC mp3 (and general "non-web") metadata guidelines are now linked to from the website and supported with additional material.

Some of you have seen these several times:

http://creativecommons.org/learn/technology/nonweb

http://creativecommons.org/learn/technology/mp3

(I did remove use of the WCOP frame and copied Lucas Gonze's suggestion for flagging the license claim URL's location in TCOP for the mp3-specific guidelines.)

Cartoons for non-techies:

http://creativecommons.org/learn/licenses/embedding

Weblog entries:

http://creativecommons.org/press-releases/entry/3737

(The first mainly concerns the release of gobs of U.S. Supreme Court audio under a CC license, implementing the above guidelines.)

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback or suggestions. More welcome at any time of course.

Next up: guidelines for implementation in other file formats (we've already had some preliminary discussions on this list concerning JPEG, MIDI, and Quicktime) and more and better examples and implementations in code.

  • CC mp3 metadata release, Mike Linksvayer, 06/25/2003