cc-metadata - facilitating license terms

cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: discussion of the Creative Commons Metadata work

  • From: John Kwasnik <jkwasnik AT accessbee.com>
  • To: cc-metadata AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: facilitating license terms
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:02:21 -0700

Hi, all --

I am in the middle of converting my web space, so that the content is governed by Creative Commons attribution licenses. I wonder how folks who have done this already are handling the following:

My understanding is that all licenses require the licensee to include a copy of the license, or the URL for it, along with any public use of the licensed work.

Does this mean they must also include the RDF fragment?

And how are people facilitating this requirement? Do you provide a page on how potential users might do this? Do you include the HTML and RDF fragments in a ZIP (or whatever) archive? Do you ask potential users to contact you for help? Or just assume that they can deal with it?

John