cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] 4.0: misc changes and date for closing public discussion

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: John Hendrik Weitzmann <jhweitzmann AT mx.uni-saarland.de>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] 4.0: misc changes and date for closing public discussion
  • Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 17:51:35 +0100

My impression is: As far as this is a problem, it has been around for
quite some time.

3.0 says "provide ... (iii) to the extent reasonably practicable, the
URI, if any, that Licensor specifies to be associated with the Work,
unless such URI does not refer to the copyright notice or licensing
information for the Work;". That as well might - by the same folks that
you describe - be read as satisfied by a URI linking to a history page
of the Wikipedia.

my 2c
John