cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Draft 4 discussion period: license drafts and open issues

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Draft 4 discussion period: license drafts and open issues
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 08:00:52 -0400

On Tuesday 17 September 2013 19:56:02 Cc wrote:
> Surely it is up to the content creator whether she uses one particular
> web host or another?

We are not as free to do this as we might like to be. It may not be as bad as
telling me I am free to use one particular phone company or the other, but I
haven't seen many good options out there for hosting BY-SA works and
especially derivatives of the same where the only license we have is the
BY-SA on the original works.