cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Attribution: please allow anonymous or pseudonymous works

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: heba <mat.r.gl AT gmail.com>
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Attribution: please allow anonymous or pseudonymous works
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 08:51:08 +0200

ok, I know the Berne Convention, but the Berne Convention was approved and written for a proprietary license, copyleft license at the time did not exist in this regard (see the dates affixed on top).
For proprietary licenses is SIAE in Italy, if you go and want to join SIAE and you want write under a pseudonym they say you must first approve it, first check that there are no other persons registered with the same pseudonym and then you say "ok you can use the pseudonym chosen. "To the anonymous publication is the same, whether the archive in the SIAE (again for example) is fine.
Why would someone know who you are, there is a file that says Tom or Dick, has written, played, sang movie, what you want the work called so and so and that he published under a pseudonym or anonymously.
It 's been so for many writers, for example, Italo Calvino, until his death no one knew who was actually the SIAE protected him, he did not want anyone knowing his real name and SIAE has never said.
For licenses creative commons, there isn't archive of this magnitude or only for Italy (and lists Italian lawyers have always been clear about this), nor for other states that I know but I could be wrong.
Also keep in mind that the Berne Convention was not signed by all the countries of the world but only a few, then a single license for all, however, seems to me impos
sible.

--
Micaela Gallerini

2012/8/10 Francesco Poli <invernomuto AT paranoici.org>
On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 09:13:05 +0200 heba wrote:

> for me it's impossible what you ask.

I don't think it's impossible.

Please note that the Berne convention [1] on copyright has several
provisions explicitly intended to deal with anonymous and pseudonymous
works...

[1] http://wipo.int/treaties/en/ip/berne/trtdocs_wo001.html

Hence, publishing an anonymous or pseudonymous work subject to
copyright seems to be definitely possible.
I don't see why releasing it under the terms of a (more or less)
permissive license would be "impossible", as you seem to claim...

Anyway, I am not a lawyer: I'll leave this to real lawyers to comment
upon.

Bye.

--
 http://www.inventati.org/frx/frx-gpg-key-transition-2010.txt
 New GnuPG key, see the transition document!