cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] CCau v3.0 public launch

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: shell_layer-creativecommons AT yahoo.com.au
  • To: Development of Creative Commons licenses <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] CCau v3.0 public launch
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 00:42:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, all.

I'd give the new language on derivative works the thumbs-up; that part has
needed clarifying for a while (it probably should be mentioned on the Commons
Deed).

However, a question arises: if you can only license a derivative under more
restrictive terms, does that mean that you have to use a Creative Commons
licence of some kind? A kind of within-Creative-Commons copyleft?