cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Retiring standalone DevNations and one Sampling license

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Retiring standalone DevNations and one Sampling license
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 17:43:42 -0400

On Monday 04 June 2007 04:56 pm, Jonathon Blake wrote:

> Drew wrote:
> > Anyone choosing that option would in effect be "making a new license"
> > that will conflict with the growing "Open Access Publishing" movement.
>
> I can argue in favor of both sides of the issue. [Yes, it conflict.
> No, it does not conflict.]
> What it will do, is further balkanize the umbrella that "Creative
> Commons" implies.

Can you agree that dev nations conflicts while this new one does not conflict?

If either both conflict or neither conflict, then this should not be done for
the same reasons dev nations should be dropped. Right? Or am I missing
something again?

> xan
>
> jonathon

(da idea man)
Working on a Movie Script or two in June 2007