cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Need clarification: What is "commercial"?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Need clarification: What is "commercial"?
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 19:40:18 -0400

On Thursday 03 May 2007 05:35 pm, Kevin Phillips (home) wrote:
> [...]

Check this link:

http://www.copyright.gov/docs/regstat071205.html

As I get things, it is this statutory license that let's anyone get around
any
CC license for non-dramatic musical works. Once the work has been published
if I remember correctly.

This is a special sort of deal for music. It doesn't apply to everything. But
music did come up I think. Do other countries have something similar?

> omg, tin foil hats everyone! :)
>
> Kev

(da idea man)