cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Unbundling the GPL

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Greg London" <greglondon.1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Unbundling the GPL
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 15:33:12 -0400

On 4/30/07, Joachim Durchholz <jo AT durchholz.org> wrote:

What surprised me is that you object to being precise here.
Care to give convincing reasons?

The objection wasn't about being precise or nitpicking.
The objection was that I suggested adding some mention
that SA doesn't protect from patents, GPL does.
You replied that it only applies to GPL3.

It does NOT only apply only to GPL3.

It applies to GPL version 2 (at least), which goes back to 1991.

This isn't picking nits or objecting to being precise.
This is objecting to completely wrong information.

Why you've decided to make it about something else,
I have no clue. I explained this in my last email in detail,
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/cc-licenses/2007-April/005676.html
and again now. And if you insist on thinking I'm objecting
to something else, then I just don't know what to tell you.