cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Version 3.0 -- It's Happening & With BY-SA CompatibilityLanguageToo

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Jonathon Blake" <jonathon.blake AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Version 3.0 -- It's Happening & With BY-SA CompatibilityLanguageToo
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 18:24:47 +0000

Rob wrote:

Please can people bear color blindness in mind when designing buttons
and other identifiers. Use pattern, shape, and other visual properties in
addition to
color. Never rely on color alone.

FWIW, the primary reason I had different shapes for the hypothetical
licence logo, was so that a blind person could tell the licence,
simply by feel.I don'tknow what circumstances that situation would
occur, but designing for it makes sense. [And as a secondary benefit,
sighted people gain from shape recognition. (The more I look at a11y
requirements and guidelines, the more I see that they improve the life
of everybody --- to the point that the people that are least helped by
a11y requirements are those for whom they are a necessity.]

xan

jonathon