cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] � & With BY-SA Compatibility Language Too

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT prodromou.name>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] � & With BY-SA Compatibility Language Too
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 14:45:12 -0500

On Fri, 2007-09-02 at 23:43 -0600, Terry Hancock wrote:

> My personal top priority would be to see the "Free Art License" and the
> "Design Science License" be declared compatible with "By-SA".

Considering that the steward of the DSL, Michael Stutz, has disavowed
the license and no longer participates in Open Content, I think that's
highly unlikely. Last time I talked to him, he was also pretty bitter
that despite being one of the pioneers of free culture, he'd never been
asked to participate in Creative Commons.

I think it's much more likely that the Open Content License / Open
Publication License would be made compatible, since the author of that
license eventually worked at Creative Commons. It's also got an
automatic-upgrade clause, which would make it really a great candidate
for mutual compatibility:

http://opencontent.org/openpub/

Another possible candidate is the "AGAINST DRM LISSENCE!!!1!".

~Evan

Evan Prodromou <evan AT prodromou.name>
http://evan.prodromou.name/