cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Version 3.0 — It's Happening & With BY-SA Compatibility Language Too

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Rob Myers <rob AT robmyers.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Version 3.0 — It's Happening & With BY-SA Compatibility Language Too
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 16:11:08 +0000

melanie dulong de rosnay wrote:
Great news. We've been discussing since 2003 with the Free Art License team and they are the process of finalizing the FAL 1.3 version and submitting it to public discussion.
From what they explained me about the versioning changes, I would recommend compatibility from BY-SA 3.0 to FAL 1.3 as I recommended it for the previous 1.2 version.
Their compatibility method will be to recognize compatible licenses according to criteria listed outside the license text, they are looking forward to the 3.0 release in order to evaluate if it matches their freedom criteria.

If BY-SA is approved as compatible with the FAL, will work licensed under the FAL be able to be relicensed under BY-SA ?

Thanks.

- Rob.