cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] � & With BY-SA Compatibility Language Too

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Terry Hancock <hancock AT anansispaceworks.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] � & With BY-SA Compatibility Language Too
  • Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 23:43:06 -0600

Mia Garlick wrote:
> An amended version of the draft Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 (US) license
> is posted above. Please post any comments you have to this list.

My personal top priority would be to see the "Free Art License" and the
"Design Science License" be declared compatible with "By-SA".

However, I really want the *reverse* compatibility (i.e. blanket
permission to relicense derivatives of DSL and FAL works to By-SA --- or
By-SA+DSL+FAL triple-licensing, which is just fine with me).

Of course, I suspect that the TPM issue is going to keep snapping back
up to bite us in all of these cases. :-(

Cheers,
Terry