cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Question about BY and SA licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Jonathon <jblake AT eskimo.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Question about BY and SA licenses
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 02:35:09 -0800

OSS wrote:
> and reworked it, would providing the attribution in metadata form be
> good enough to satisfy the requirement of the license? In other words,

I'd suggest including the attribution in the metadata, and also as a
caption. Not everybody knows that images can contain metadata, much
less has the ability to view it.

On a personal level, I'd love it when the images I use contain the
attribution & license in the metadata. It makes it much easier to keep
track of what license went with which image, and who took which iamge.

xan

jonathon