cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Question about BY and SA licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Question about BY and SA licenses
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:34:08 -0800

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 14:12 -0500, OSS wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a basic question dealing with attribution with particular
> interest in photographs. If I took a CC Attribution photo from Flickr,
> and reworked it, would providing the attribution in metadata form be
> good enough to satisfy the requirement of the license? In other words,
> adding the 'image by XYZ' along with all of the regular metadata such
> as the camera and copyright info.

Such metadata is exposed by just about nothing and photos are usually
attributed with a caption, so it doesn't seem to meet "reasonable to the
medium".

So you should attribute with a caption and link to the original creator.
That would be the best practice anyhow.

But IANAL...

--
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/User:Mike_Linksvayer