cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Subject: Re: Version 3.0 - List Discussion Responses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Nic Suzor" <nic AT suzor.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Subject: Re: Version 3.0 - List Discussion Responses
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 08:51:22 +1000

Apologies for the dense post. Trying to make this as clear as possible.

content, not the monopoly of the players. Unless the licensor chooses
the NonCommercial option, I don't think they have a clear intention to
prevent DRM-Dave from wrapping content up and trying to sell it (as
long as it's clear enough that there is a zero cost clear-version
available - maybe we can tweak the attribution requirement).