cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Version 3.0 - Public Discussion

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Rob Myers <rob AT robmyers.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Version 3.0 - Public Discussion
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 16:03:43 +0100
On 13 Aug 2006, at 14:21, Luis Villa wrote:

The other several million who bought the
PSP had no idea what DRM is.

And it therefore will not affect them?

And now their first encounter with CC and
DRM will be a big 'fuck you' from CC, instead of a positive lesson and
experience with free culture.

The positive lesson being what? CC don't respect your rights and don't expect anyone else to?

Congrats on moving the movement forward!

Embracing DRM will not move the movement forward. Unless you spin it 180 degrees.

My son tells me that Sony are now allowing people to play vanilla MPEGs on PSPs. So problem solved. We don't need a blanket DRM permission to use free culture on PSPs.

- Rob.