cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] NonDerivative NonCommercial Licenses

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: rob AT robmyers.org
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] NonDerivative NonCommercial Licenses
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:48:38 +0100

Quoting Terry Hancock <hancock AT anansispaceworks.com>:
rob AT robmyers.org wrote:
The XFree86 fork is a good
recent example.

Heh. No, that was a "license fork". ;-)

D'oh. You are right. I know this, I explained it to someone about an hour after
I wrote that.

([...] I do have good reasons to approve of *certain*
projects being non-copyleft).

The Open Clip Art Library is a good example of a free culture project with a
non-copyleft license for good reason. Well, I say license, it's public domain.

http://www.openclipart.org/

- Rob.