cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Case study: Magnatune

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Case study: Magnatune
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 07:25:53 -0500

On Wednesday 23 November 2005 06:57 am, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> drew Roberts wrote:
> > Of course not sine what I am interested in is a Free work which as far as
> > I know, they do not offer at any price. (Free as in Freedom. As in
> > Libre.)
> >
> > If they offer to sell a BY-SA licensed work for more though, then I will
> > probably have a lot of interest if the price is right. (And the
> > format/quality.)
>
> Uhmm... I think you contradicted yourself. I asked if you'd be willing
> to pay more for a work without the NC option. On the first paragraph you
> said "no" and on the other you said "yes". Could you tell me again,
> would you be willing to pay extra to get the work as BY-SA?

I may have.

Here is your words:

"Are you willing to pay a bit extra for getting the work without the NC
option? Magnatune already sells commercial licenses, and they are not
expensive."

I may have been tripped up by the mention of the commercial licenses they
already sell and thinking you were asking if I might be interested in
purchasing one of those licenses.

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22drew%20Roberts%22