cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Case study: Magnatune

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera AT zmsl.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Case study: Magnatune
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:00:12 +0000

Evan Prodromou wrote:
That said, I hope that Magnatune (a CC poster boy) is getting better legal advice than mine. My guess is that they're fine with people sharing the WAV files.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're fine as long as you don't over do it. They even say "give it to 3 friends". It may be that Magnatune fully knows that the WAV are automatically CC but they just don't advertise that (that would make sense).

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
/\/`) http://oooauthors.org