cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] CC-BY of Wiki-Content - must I name ALL authors?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: LinuxLala <linuxlala AT gmail.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] CC-BY of Wiki-Content - must I name ALL authors?
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 01:19:13 +0530

But suppose that an article from a wiki has to be printed into a newspaper. Is it possible to get away with providing a link to the "page_changelog" for a list of contributors to that article? Or is it a must to include the contributors' names along with the article.

One more question while we are discussing wiki license -- Suppose there is a wiki licensed as CC-BY-NC. In this case, no newspaper/magazine can publish it 'coz they are not free, even though they are not making any extra money from the wiki article itself. So I am confused. What does NC have to say in this regard?

Cheers!

-Shashank