cc-licenses - [cc-licenses] How to use 2.5 licenses.

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera AT zmsl.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [cc-licenses] How to use 2.5 licenses.
  • Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 16:28:52 +0100

Hello,

Alright, I like the 2.5 licenses because they allow people to designate another entity to receive attribution. Now I need to write up terms of use for my Wiki, and I need help. This is what I have:

<quote>
By editing or posting to this wiki, you agree that your contributions
will be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike
2.5 license, and you agree to waive attribution for your contributions
with the understanding that copyrighted material made available from
this wiki will be attributed to [INSERT WIKI NAME].
</quote>

Will this do? I'm not sure if "waive attribution" is correct. It's copied from the CC-Wiki language here: http://codebook.jot.com/CCTerms

If "waive" isn't the right term, how about this?:

<quote>
By editing or posting to this wiki, you agree that your contributions
will be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike
2.5 license, and you designate [INSERT WIKI NAME] for attribution.
</quote>

This language is closer to what I see on the CC-BY-SA-2.5 license itself.

Daniel.
--
/\/`) http://oooauthors.org
/\/_/