cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] How to use 2.5 licenses.

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera AT zmsl.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] How to use 2.5 licenses.
  • Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 22:40:52 +0100

drew Roberts wrote:
<quote>
By editing or posting to this wiki, you agree that your contributions
will be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike
2.5 license, and you designate [INSERT WIKI NAME] for attribution.
</quote>

That sounds good.

Does it? Is it possible to get around the license statement that it is the sole agreement this easily? This is an honest question, and not meant to be argumentative.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Get around what?

The new BY-SA 2.5 allows people to "designate a third party" that can receive attribution instead of the author. This was done to make the license wiki-friendly. Now I'm trying to figure out what set of words will allow me and my friends to use the license in that way.

It'd be great of Creative Commons provided a sample copyright statement that people can re-use. Like the GNU people do.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
/\/`) http://oooauthors.org