cc-licenses - Re: Draft License 2.5 - Now open for discussion

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Greg London" <email AT greglondon.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Draft License 2.5 - Now open for discussion
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 10:07:18 -0400 (EDT)

drew wrote:
> On Thursday 26 May 2005 02:02 am, Greg London wrote:
>> But with CC stuff being specifically for anything
>> that is not software, the definition would be difficult.
>
> Yes it would. Could it be left up to the original project author
> to define for each project? Would that cause more problems than not?

I imagine that the headaches that arise from
combining multiple CC-SA projects, each with
different "source" requirements, into one
larger project, would be exponential for
every project combined.

imagine projects for music, scripts, stories,
special effects models, sound effects, etc,
all having different source requirements
being put together to form a movie.

--
Bounty Hunters: Metaphors for Fair IP laws
http://www.greglondon.com/bountyhunters/