cc-licenses - Re: Call for more license options - Creative Commons Legal Code

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT bad.dynu.ca>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Call for more license options - Creative Commons Legal Code
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 07:15:25 -0500

On Sun, 2005-03-27 at 11:26 -0500, drew Roberts wrote:
Specifically, I would like to be able to limit use in "Collective Works" and
in "compilations" if we get there as a result of an earlier post, to
collections and compilations where all of the works are licensed under the
same license, or other approved "copyleft" license (that allows commercial
use) where the original license allows such use.
I have been using CC BY-SA for my work, knowing full well that I did not have
a full grasp on the license, but willing to take certain risks. However, as I
am learning more, I do not think I want to continue on with this license in
the absence of these options.

Am I missing something that should cause me to reconsider?
Such a license would not be Open Source, per Open Source Definition item #9. It would not be allowed in, say, Debian.

~Evan

--
Evan Prodromou
evan AT bad.dynu.ca