cc-licenses - Call for more license options - Creative Commons Legal Code

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: drew Roberts <zotz AT 100jamz.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Call for more license options - Creative Commons Legal Code
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 11:26:10 -0500

Wiki License -- Attribution-ShareAlike 0.5 (beta)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 11:30:42 -0500

I would like to call for or request more license options with respect to any
CC license with SA like options.

Specifically, I would like to be able to limit use in "Collective Works" and
in "compilations" if we get there as a result of an earlier post, to
collections and compilations where all of the works are licensed under the
same license, or other approved "copyleft" license (that allows commercial
use) where the original license allows such use.

I have been using CC BY-SA for my work, knowing full well that I did not have
a full grasp on the license, but willing to take certain risks. However, as I
am learning more, I do not think I want to continue on with this license in
the absence of these options.

Am I missing something that should cause me to reconsider?