cc-licenses - Dual Licensing based upon the form of the work

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Elf M. Sternberg" <elf.sternberg AT speakeasy.net>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Dual Licensing based upon the form of the work
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 16:15:10 -0800

I'm looking for a licensing option and I'm not sure which one is exactly right. I have a large SF story archive that I have under a creative commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.0 (which is more or less what I've been using, in one form or another, since about 1990).

Several of my fans would like to publish their role-playing materials based upon my stories. I would like to be able to make that material public, using an Attribution-NonCommericial-ShareAlike2.0.

I appreciate that there's a very fuzzy line between an RPG module and a narrative story, but is there a reasonably clean way to make this distinction?

Elf