cc-licenses - How to overlay creativecommons licensing logos

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <christian AT fluendo.com>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: How to overlay creativecommons licensing logos
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 22:09:36 +0200

Hi,
I am working for a company about to release a streaming media server.
One feature of this server we want to include is easy overlaying of
small images/logos. The reason for this that we want to package for
instance the Creative Commons license logos. At the moment we are a bit
in disagreement about how to do this. We talked with Roland when he was
here in Barcelona, but it seems what we have some different opinions
internally on what he actually told us :)

I am of the opinion that we should offer people to overlay the actual
license logos like BY:, PD, non-commerical etc. to show people the
actually license the stream they are watching is covered by.

Some of my co-workers however got the impression from Roland that we
should just offer people the actual 'CC' logo to overlay, and leave it
up to stream providers to provide further licensing details on their
website.

So I am writing this list hoping for some final advice on which approach
we should take on the overlaying :)

Sincerely,
Christian

--