cc-licenses - Re: About Share Alike

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: About Share Alike
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:18:44 -0700

Bernard Frÿffffe9dÿffffe9ric wrote:
I just discovered the creative common licence, really
great ! I've just a question, i'm making some video
diaporama and i want to put music on them. Is share
alike is "trans-media", that is to say i can use cc
share alike music to create diaporama in cc license ?

I think if you incorporate ShareAlike music in your work (whatever media) you just have to release your work under the same ShareAlike license. So yes, SA is "trans-media".

--
Mike Linksvayer
http://creativecommons.org/about/people#21