cc-licenses - Re: How to overlay creativecommons licensing logos

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <christian AT fluendo.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: How to overlay creativecommons licensing logos
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:35:00 +0200

Hi Mike,
An overlay is when you take a picture (or other video) and put it on top
of a videostream. Screenshot below shows the image of a teststream
displayed where the Xiph, CC and Fluendo logos have been overlayed down
in the corner and the text 'fluendo' have been overlayed in the top
corner:
http://freedesktop.org/~uraeus/overlay.png

We are primarly providing a server so we can not depend on any features
in the player (although if the players support it we will be more than
happy to support extended information somehow).

In the shoot above the CC logo is used, and as I said in my initial mail
I think it would be more correct to use the actual license logos. What
is our recommendation/requirements?

Sincerely,
Christian

--
Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <christian AT fluendo.com>