cc-licenses - Re: first mail to the list and problem statement:

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Davide Fugazza <davidefugazza AT mac.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Bram de Jong <bdejong AT iua.upf.es>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: first mail to the list and problem statement:
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 19:06:16 +0200

Hi Bram,
sorry for the late reply.
I am not a lawyer, so I can't give legal advice, but I've been working on something very similar.
We have a website of free music (mostly CC licensed) where files are uploaded by users (registration is required), therefore we needed a system to report licensing abuse and to (temporarily) hide the "suspect" file.
I don' want to speak about technical issues here, write me off list if you are interested.
Definitely, we went with a solution as Glenn and Rob suggested.
See the AGNULA Libre Music website at http://muzik.agnula.org, part of the AGNULA project (http://www.agnula.org).
Good luck,
davide