cc-licenses - Re: License for group of authors on a blog

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Todd A. Jacobs" <nospam AT codegnome.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: License for group of authors on a blog
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:32:38 -0700

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 09:54:26AM +1200, Jim Cheetham wrote:

> I can't see how to satisfy the Attribution of a document that has had
> multiple authors, some anonymous, some pseudonymous, and some
> identifiable/contactable.

A collective work has its own copyright, so a single attribution to the
editor or organization would suffice in most cases, provided that the
authors are aware that they are contributing to a collective work. Check
the copyrights page of any short story collection in the bookstore to
see what that typically looks like.

--
Find my Techno-Geek Journal at http://www.codegnome.org/geeklog/