cc-licenses - Re: License for group of authors on a blog

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Jim Cheetham <jim AT gonzul.net>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: License for group of authors on a blog
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:54:26 +1200

mp wrote:
a newly formed collective is discussing a similar issue here:
https://wiki.aktivix.org/AktiviX:Copyrights

I had a quick review of their musings, and while interesting they missed what for me is the biggest point about a wiki - the multiple authorship.

I can't see how to satisfy the Attribution of a document that has had multiple authors, some anonymous, some pseudonymous, and some identifiable/contactable.

Perhaps the wiki back-end changelog maintains the attributions for me, but not all wikis preserve the changelog when you backup/restore.

Ideas welcome ...

-jim