cc-licenses - 5a (Right to contribute)

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Rob Myers <robmyers AT mac.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: 5a (Right to contribute)
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 14:26:57 +0000

I'm disturbed at the removal of 5a. It should be revised to clarify that it refers to contributed work only, which is a no-brainer and removes the requirement for a Linux-style defense fund for when the SCO of Open Content arrives. I know the Blogosphere squealed about it, but it's no less than any author is claiming when they distribute a work and future generations will thank CC for it.

- Rob.