cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] Input for the all-staff call? (tomorrow 7 p.m. CET)

  • From: Alek Tarkowski <alek AT creativecommons.pl>
  • To: John Weitzmann <johnweitzmann AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: "cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] Input for the all-staff call? (tomorrow 7 p.m. CET)
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 20:42:14 +0100

Hi John,

regarding the call, I have one suggestion for the campaign. Is there any chance to introduce some sort of a challenge pertinent and important to people around the world? It would be much easier - at least for us in Poland - to fundraise for such a goal, rather than simply for an organisation. This goes back to cultural issues around fundraising that affect how we can present this in our communities… I have two ideas for such challenges: one would be to support the new Palmyra project; the other would be to fund some piece of CC tech that is planned to be developed. I would give an option to donors of choosing which option they want, because people should also be able to support the org as such.
I also liked the past idea of CC mini-grants for affiliates, which were funded through the fundraiser, but this requires more planning - maybe something to consider next time.

Regarding the Report - can you give an update on the highlights from affiliates, how did that go, in Europe and beyond?

best,

Alek