cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] Input for the all-staff call? (tomorrow 7 p.m. CET)

  • From: Alek Tarkowski <alek AT creativecommons.pl>
  • To: John Weitzmann <johnweitzmann AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: "cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] Input for the all-staff call? (tomorrow 7 p.m. CET)
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 07:50:20 +0100

Hi John,

as I wrote to the affiliates list, it’s good news that the work of the broader CC network will be visible in the report. It’s a pity that this was not decided earlier - because of which all is happening with deadlines that seem hard to meet by a lot of us. I appreciate the invitation to add highlights, but using the typical procedure (request on the mailing list, little follow-up), we’ll get them at best from few most engaged affiliates. We should do better than that, I suggested that RCs actively request people in their region for proposals. If needed, they should choose the examples themselves, aiming for variety (mainly regional). In particular we should underline good work, even at small scale, being done also in the less visible countries / affiliate teams. Also a simple online form providing a template should help.
This will take more time than Jane planned, but I think it is worth it.
can you please raise this issue on the call.

best,

Alek