cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] Updates for the staff call

  • From: Alek Tarkowski <alek AT creativecommons.pl>
  • To: John Hendrik Weitzmann <jhweitzmann AT mx.uni-saarland.de>
  • Cc: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] Updates for the staff call
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2015 08:15:44 +0000

John, Teresa, and everyone else

yes, this is a clear clash of donation cultures. and it's an issue that goes behind the relatively simple problem of us not being informed about a new translation string.

the email from Ryan only raises my concerns - there's a whole new strategy being implemented for the American CC organisation, but which affects strongly all affiliates. THis is because an average internet user does not distinguish easily between American CC org, the general CC brand and affiliate projects, together with institutions / people that run it. I wish we were consulted on this in any way beforehand.

Best,

Alek