cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] Updates for the staff call

  • From: Teresa Nobre <teresaraposonobre AT gmail.com>
  • To: John Weitzmann <johnweitzmann AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: Maarten Zeinstra <mz AT kl.nl>, "cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] Updates for the staff call
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 12:43:29 +0100

Hi,

I think:
1) we do not need to reinforce our need for donations in such a short message ("a non-profit that survives on donations"), but maybe it's my European shyness and proudness speaking;
2) it's inappropriate to say "if you love this content" then donate to us: if the user loves the content it should donate to the creator; our linkage should be to the legal and tech infrastructure only;
3) the sentence would sound better like this: "This content is freely available under simple legal terms thanks to Creative Commons, the non-profit behind the creation of this licenseIf you love that you can easily share this content with everyone, please consider a donation to support our work."

As to the duplicated messages, I would keep the orange banner because a) it's more visible and b) I have to scroll down to read the other one.

Cheers,
Teresa

Hi Maarten,

I agree, and neither were we informed of the addition in advance. I'll put the general problem on the agenda for the next all-staff call. Regarding the present wording I'll try to find out more via Jay.

Best
John