cc-europe - Re: [Cc-europe] cc0 waiver

  • From: Francois Dechelle <francois AT dechelle.net>
  • To: cc-europe <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-europe] cc0 waiver
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:54:00 +0200

Dear all,

I think it is impossible as well in France. The idea of a "voluntary
public domain" has been addressed but has raised a clear opposition, for
instance from collecting societies.

I have no idea of other possible solutions. My impression is that, given
the current state of the law, it is not possible, but after all, the law
can evolve?

Best,
François