cc-europe - [Cc-europe] cc0 waiver

  • From: Alek Tarkowski <alek AT creativecommons.pl>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-europe] cc0 waiver
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:43:52 +0200

Dear all,

I am writing in regard to Mike's announcement of the discussion around CC0 waiver. In Poland such a waiver (that is, a public domain dedication) is not possible by law, I imagine the situation might be similar in other European countries as well.

Somehow this has not been addressed on our list - and I feel uncertain doing it myself, as I am not a lawyer! But personally I would like to know what can be done - is this a good opportunity for us to look for other solutions that would allow such waiving? or to clarify the fact that this is indeed impossible in some jurisdictions?

Cheers,

Alek

--
koordynator / public lead