baslinux - Re: [BL] An unusual project . .

  • From: Philip Rhoades <phil AT pricom.com.au>
  • To: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.org>
  • Cc: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] An unusual project . .
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 01:03:09 +1100

sindi,

On 2016-10-10 00:38, sindi keesan wrote:
sindi,

On 2016-10-09 03:36, sindi keesan wrote:

Try searching on baslinux, my name (keesan) compile and kernel.

I am not sure what you mean - the https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/baslinux archives are not searchable. I had a look at http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl but that didn't help much . .

At the baslinux ibiblio site is a link to help, which besides letting
you sign up for the mail list has a Searching the Archive. Fill in
the terms you are after where it says xxx. This does a google search
for you.

http://distro.ibiblio.org/baslinux/baslin.htm

That doesn't seem to be any better than the Google search I did before - I found posts like this:

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/baslinux/2005-January/006443.html

but what I am looking for is a complete HowTo doc - starting building BL from scratch . . does something like that exist?

About that time I had set up a small insurance company running a lot of floppy-booted Linux PCs that would get X etc from a server - they worked quite well as terminals / X servers - I should work out how I did that again . . after that exercise we went to commercial thin clients running X.

Stephen explained how to do this with BL. Also how to share a modem connection.

OK, if I can find enough stuff to allow me to start building BL myself I will have a look at that as well . .

I wonder if anyone else is still reading this mail list.

Doesn't look like it . .

Thanks,

Phil.
--