baslinux - Re: [BL] odt to pdf convertor?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] odt to pdf convertor?
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 23:16:23 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011, Ron Clarke wrote:

Hi Sindi,

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 15:46:54 +0000 (UTC), sindi keesan wrote:

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011, Ron Clarke wrote:
I have written an experimental .odt to .htm converter for DOS, if that
is any help. http://www.ausreg.com/files/odt2htm/

Your txt file says it does not do nested graphics. Probably similar to
pdftotext, just extracts the text which this document does not have.

No, it does display individual graphics (except vector graphics
because I gave not found any DOS application to handle them). It doesn't
deal with nested graphics, which tend to be vector graphics anyway.

Did you even try odt2htm ? It is freeware.

Ron

Run from the directory where I unzipped it,
it produced a file displayed by linux lynx or opera as

[* graphics1 *] through graphics11

with a comment at the end that these are binary entries, probably raster graphics such as charts and drawings.

Unzip (in linux) produced 11 .png files viewable with Opera, plus some .xml files etc.

Would you like a copy of the 2.6MB .odt file and the .htm file?