baslinux - Re: [BL] odt to pdf convertor?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] odt to pdf convertor?
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 15:46:54 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011, Ron Clarke wrote:

Hi Folks,

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 04:17:16 +0000 (UTC), sindi keesan wrote:

Is there any simple odt (Open Office) to pdf convertor for linux?
Someone scanned a document and sent it in that format. I asked him to
convert to pdf and send again but this might become common.

You might try OpenOffice to view the .odt.

That is exactly what I do NOT want to do. It is enormous.

There are online convertors but I have slow uploads. I probably just need
to extract an image file.

I have written an experimental .odt to .htm converter for DOS, if that
is any help. http://www.ausreg.com/files/odt2htm/

Your txt file says it does not do nested graphics. Probably similar to pdftotext, just extracts the text which this document does not have.

I found something about using PHP and a script and it says odt files are
archive files like zip.

Yes, they are. Some of those files are in .xhtml, the others can be
almost anything.

Some were .xml, most .png.
unzip worked and pngtoppm and pamfile showed it was scanned as greyscale 600 dpi which would not print well since it is a BW document.

So I asked the sender to send 300 dpi BW pdf as he usually does.

Ron