baslinux - Re: [BL] Flash and Youtube

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Flash and Youtube
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 07:09:13 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 16:48:59 +0000 (UTC)
baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> Ron, do the scripts that you mentioned extract the URL?

They are not scripts. They are DOS .exe files. And yes, they extract the
vid URLs and place them into an .htm file.

Just a thought: If you had a DOSBOX or DOSEMU set up inside BL, then it
should be possible to use either or both of those DOS executables to extract
URLs from a downloaded Youtube page, which could then be used by a Linux
browser to download the vids. Should be possible to write a script to do
that.

> > The versions of MPlayer you have are not new enough to have .flv and
> > .mp4 codecs built-in.
>
> Can the codecs be added?

If you can spot the appropriate codecs, then probably.
But I have a suspicion that they are inside the more recent MPlayer/Mencoder
executables.

> Which version first has them built in?

I have no idea.

Regards,