baslinux - Re: [BL] Flash and Youtube

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Flash and Youtube
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:54:15 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 17:17:17 +1200, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> Message from Steven
> ===================
> Ron wrote:

>> Go through the isolated URL and replace all
>> the "%2A", "%3F" type entities with their
>> actual characters: / (forward slash)
>> : (semicolon) and so on.

>> That will give you a clean version of a direct
>> link to a video file.

> Thank you for that information. I was indeed able
> to get the URL using a text editor, and wget was
> able to download the file.

Excellent !

> However, when I used
> mplayer to play the file, I got this:
> [flv @ 0x86647b4] Unsupported video codec (7)
> LAVF_header: av_find_stream_info() failed
> TiVo file format detected.
> MPEG: No audio stream found -> no sound.
> MPEG: FATAL: EOF while searching for sequence header
> The file was itag=34 (flv 480 x 360), so mplayer
> should handle it. Shouldn't it?

The DOS port of MPlayer certainly does.

The version that was available for BL does not.

I had to compile my own static version using SW9, and that only worked
on this machine because I was unable to compile-in CPU detection.
It also runs on my newer machine.

If you remember, I did post it to my website but it failed to run
properly on other people's machines, so I removed it.

> I'm sure I've run flv videos on mplayer before, but
> perhaps that was my old version of mplayer? So, I
> tried again using the old mplayer (1.0pre5-3.2.3)
> This time I got:
> Cache fill: 0.00% (0 bytes)
> TiVo file format detected.
> MPEG: No audio stream found -> no sound.
> MPEG: FATAL: EOF while searching for sequence header
> Video: Cannot read properties.
> Again the message about TiVo file format.

The versions of MPlayer you have are not new enough to have .flv and
.mp4 codecs built-in.

> Are utube videos in TiVo file format?

No. They are either .flv or .mp4 format.

> Can mplayer not do TiVo?

I have no idea what TiVo is. :(

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com
-- This mail was written by a user of the Arachne Browser -
http://www.glennmcc.org/

DOS: For IQs higher than 95, 98 or 2000.