baslinux - Re: [BL] airport base station wireless wavelan cards

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] airport base station wireless wavelan cards
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 19:41:28 +0000 (UTC)

After I plugged it in, I was asked to update the firmware and it did so automatically, erasing all prior settings in the process including any password. If this does not happen you will need to do a factory hard reset with paperclip in the little hole on the bottom for up to 30 sec

Temporary (5 min) password reset - 1 sec paperclip.
Factory reset of all settings - 5 sec paperclip.

The first worked on one of two base stations which I reset to 10.0.2.1, reset the other (with firmware upgrade) to 10.0.3.1, and had to leave the first at 10.0.1.1 with the wrong DNS number (which I fix by editing resolv.conf). They now let me run DHCP (udhcpc) normally except the 1.1.
I can leave one in each of three rooms if I want to play with wireless, or add an antenna if I want 2Mbps wireless in the whole house.

The 2Mbps speed cannot be wired internet, so it must be that the 1993
motherboard is so old it can only run the 11Mbps card at 2Mpbs (a not b?).