baslinux - Re: [BL] mplayer individual codecs

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] mplayer individual codecs
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 16:12:10 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

I need msgsm32.acm to play downloaded voicemail msg????.WAV files.
The mplayer site has a 2007 9MB package of 'essential' codecs.

Steven once posted a short list of the most useful mplayer codecs and a site where you could download them individually. I cannot find either.

Sindi Keesan

I had to download the 20MB 'all' codecs and extract this one file to /usr/local/lib/codecs (where there is a subdirectory rp9codecs with .so. libraries from 2002-2005, never updated by mplayer). Mplayer (offline) now plays my voicemails. Confusingly, the first few were 10 sec blank silences.

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/msgsm32.acm

Mplayerpre7try2 and David Moberg's mplayer 0.93 (uclibc) do not work online (I clicked on 'view' the message and nothing happened) on this laptop (crashes with a message about bad usage of CPU/RAM - maybe CPU detection is not working correctly?) but works fine offline to hear downloaded messaages. Most or all of my older laptops have this problem. I listen to radio with mpg123 instead.

Does mplayer work online on laptops of other people? 300MHz or under.
It would be convenient to listen to files without first downloading them.