baslinux - Re: [BL] Voicemail with sox/play and Opera/Seamonkey mail: was Re: mplayer individual codecs

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Voicemail with sox/play and Opera/Seamonkey mail: was Re: mplayer individual codecs
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 19:15:52 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

I need msgsm32.acm to play downloaded voicemail msg????.WAV files.
Mplayer works with this codec but no need for it.

sox 'play' (version 13 2007, glibc 2.1.3, probably posted at my site) plays this format without any added codecs. Online or offline.
I don't have older versions on this computer to test with.
I click on 'view' which in theory should play the file without asking me to download it, after setting Preferences, Programs, audio/x-wav to be opened with /usr/local/bin/play, but nothing happens at the voicemail site. I can play a sample .wav file at another site with 'play'.

Seamonkey, Preferences, Navigator, Helper Applications, New Type, audio/x-wav, Extension *.wav, /usr/local/bin/play, leave unchecked 'always ask me before opening files of this type' (if you want to download them check it).

Message plays when I click on 'view'. Seamonkey takes twice as long to load.

/usr/local/etc/lynx.cfg edit to play wav files:

SUFFIX:.wav:audio/x-wav
VIEWER:audio/x-wav: play %s
DOWNLOADER:listen to wav with play:play %s &:TRUE

Click on view or download to hear the message. Or arrow to Download and type d to download and choose your program.

Links would be set up similarly to play audio/x-wav with play.
ESC Setup Associations and Extensions.

JustVoip billed me for two 4 hour calls to the local PSTN gateway both made at 1:03 am our time, followed by a lot of shorter calls made over the next few minutes. VOIP is still buggy.