baslinux - Re: [BL] Messed up SW90 library upgrade, was Re: Seamonkey 1.1.19

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Messed up SW90 library upgrade, was Re: Seamonkey 1.1.19
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 23:56:37 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

Steven, did you install Adobe Flash 9?

No, I have flash 7 (which is the last version
that works with gtk1). Unfortunately most
sites need flash 9 or 10.

Version 10.

Is not listed by about:plugins or in the toolbar menus, and on exit Seamonkey tell me that libflashplayer.so cannot handle TLS data.

I will hunt down flashplayer 9 and try again.

Sindi

Flash player 9 is 8 instead of 12MB.

This version is now listed as a plugin, but crashes Seamonkey when I go to youtube, and on exit I see a long list of problems related to gdk, glib, gobject, etc. Libglib is from Slackware 11 gtk package.

Flash 9 probably won't work for Kernel 2.4. I should concentrate on compiling 2.6 and modules for a while.

So far no usable GKT2 programs for BL2. Have not tried a GTK2 browser.

Supposedly you can go to a site that downloads youtube swfs for you if you type in the URL, then convert and view with mplayer or another linux swf viewer.

Must be some better way, other than using the 400Mhz iMac directly.